Essential Fortitude Valley short stay shops & eateries
Fortitude Valley, or more affectionately The Valley, is Brisbane’s dedicated entertainment district. But there is more to the area than just drinking and live music. If you are visiting the area or have stumbled upon it during a short stay in Brisbane, we have the essential go-to shops and eateries in the area.
Indulge in Fortitude Valley food
The Valley has a reputation for it’s dining and, true to its reputation, the area offers its patrons an array of unique and diverse places to indulge in. Here are our favourites scattered throughout Fortitude Valley.
- Ripiena – Specialising in a traditional pasta menu, Ripiena is a casual dine-in Italian restaurant located along Ann Street.
- Ben’s Burgers – On Winn Lane sits a boutique burger shop with a purposefully distinct menu.
- Happy Boy – Located under fairy-lit trees along East Street is a provincial Chinese cuisine restaurant with boutique wine and beer.
- Snack Man – Next to Happy Boy is a Chinese restaurant that specialises in small plates and European wine.
- sAme sAme – Along Ada Lane sits a modern Thai and South-East Asian cuisine restaurant.
- hôntô – Located in Alden Street, hôntô reimagines traditional Japanese cuisine with contemporary nuance and fine, local ingredients.
Get a coffee & cake
Fortitude valley has become a hub for Brisbane’s outstanding array of cafés and bakeries – but it is important to know who does it the best. Here are our recommendations for when you are need of a little caffeine hit and a cosy croissant.
- King Arthur Café – Located on Arthur Street is a café open for breakfast and lunch, serving coffee, cake and an all day breakfast menu.
- Reverends – Along Brunswick Street is some damn fine coffee and some great food to go with it – perfect for your short stay
- Nodo Donuts – On the corner of Chester and Ella Street is one of four Nodo Donuts stores in Brisbane. Specialising in gluten free donuts, coffee and shakes.
- Sprout Artisan Bakery – On James Street is a bakery that specialises in artisanal sourdoughs, pastries and an assortment of baked goods and coffee.
Spend some bucks boutique shopping
Fortitude Valley is home to some of Brisbane’s best boutique shopping. There is an abundance of local, independent stores filtered through the streets. Here are our essentials to go to during your Fortitude Valley short stay:
- Calexico – Stocking a mixture of over 80 local and international labels. For the women Calexico Boutique is located along James Street, whereas Calexico Man is located down Ada Lane, just off James Street.
- The Outpost – A menswear store located along Winn Lane that is the epitome of street style – stocking brands such as Carhartt, Edwin and Supply.
- Elka Collective – Women’s boutique clothing store with luxury casual designs from Melbourne, located conveniently down James Street.
Find a place to sleep
From food, coffee and shopping, you will be able to spend a day or two pampering yourself throughout the Fortitude Valley streets. The only thing now is to find a place to rest and relax.
Atrio Apartments is the perfect place to work, rest and play in the heart of vibrant Fortitude Valley. The apartments are completely self-contained and designed with comfort in mind. Located on Robertson Street, around the corner from the James Street precinct.
Otherwise, our friendly staff at Atrio Apartments will appropriately accommodate any type of visitor to Brisbane. The apartment is also located along Robertson Street, and is the ultimate place for convenient inner-city stay. The rooms on offer are designed to offer the people who stay a ‘home-away-from-home’ aesthetic.
If you are planning a trip to Fortitude Valley – either short stay or long – be sure to book a room at Atrio Apartments. Book online now or contact our staff on (07) 3634 6900.
Right next door, The Miro Apartments can also take care of all your accommodation needs, also with full size, self contained facilities. Book direct for unbeatable value!